Einklappen
X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• How To Get In Shape For Ultimate Frisbee

How To Get In Shape For Ultimate Frisbee Advanced players know how to get in shape for Ultimate Frisbee. They understand that training for this fun sport requires a fundamental knowledge of training principles as they relate to the specific demands of Ultimate. Some even hire professional trainers to get them into "Ultimate Shape," or their teams employ the help of a professional strength and conditioning coach familiar with the rigors of the game. That's fine and dandy, but what about the average player who simply wants to get in shape cheap nhl jerseys wholesale for Ultimate Frisbee, discount patriots jerseys be it for recreational or competitive purposes? Don't worry, you don't have to spend a fortune on expensive trainers, michael kors handbags outlet coaches or even high priced guide books to get your body conditioned for Ultimate. In fact, you don't have to spend anything if you don't want to. Let me first start by saying discount cowboys jerseys that there's a great guidebook that covers everything about playing competitive Ultimate Frisbee, with a huge section on training and workouts. At under $15 (new) or under $8 (used), it's probably the best investment you'll ever make in your Ultimate career, as it includes pretty much everything you'll ever need to know; from offensive and defensive strategies to drills, training and even motivation. It's written for coaches, but players will LOVE it, too. "Essential Ultimate" is available on Amazon in print or digital formIt was written by two of the biggest names in the coaching circle: Michael Baccarini and Tiina Booth. Many readers are calling it the "Bible" of Ultimate Frisbee. In fact, the book has an overwhelmingly positive user review; and almost every reviewer rated it at the highest possible "5 Stars." This book retails at $20.95, but you can buy it online at Amazon for under $8! It's written for all playing levels, from absolute beginners to highly competitive professionals, so you're virtually guaranteed to find something suitable for your skill level. That said, let's explore the reason you're here in the first place. First and foremost, Ultimate is a game of both endurance and start and stop bursts, much like soccer or basketball. That means you must train your body in a way that addresses both of these fundamentals. Second, Ultimate requires functional strength throughout your entire body, but primarily in your legs, core, shoulders and arms. So we need to make these muscles strong in order to dominate the playing field. I'm a huge fan of mixing up my Ultimate Frisbee workouts, meaning I'll never really do the same exact routine twice. More importantly, I never "focus" on any one aspect two days in a row. For instance, if I've spent most of Monday working on my endurance running, I won't run for miles on Tuesday; instead I'll work on agility, strength or even full speed sprints instead. I'd highly recommend that you follow a similar structure, as doing so will give the specific muscle fibers a chance to rest and recover (thus grow and work better in the future). Okay, that said, here are my awesome workout suggestions. Training For Ultimate Frisbee Wind Sprints I like mixing up my cardio work between high intensity, full throttle sprints and long distance, low intensity running. But if I could only pick one, I'd pick this one in a heartbeat, as you will notice an increase in long term endurance even though you're training at short bursts, whereas you probably won't notice any sprinting advantages when exclusively focusing on long distance running. Okay, enough with the physiology lesson, let's get to the workouts. I like to mix and match, so these are just some of the random workouts I've created. Use your imagination and feel free to create you own as well! Sprint 10 yards, rest for 10 seconds; Sprint 20 yards, rest for 20 seconds; Sprint 30 yards, rest for 30 seconds; Sprint 40 yards, rest for 40 seconds; Sprint 30 yards, rest for 30 seconds; Sprint 20 yards, rest for 20 seconds; Sprint 10 yards You can repeat this "ladder" as many times as you want. Just make sure that you keep a stopwatch handy, as the rest period is very important. Even though 40 seconds seems like a long time to rest, remember that you are all out sprinting each of these runs, and you'll find that 40 seconds goes by very fast! This one is great when you're on a track or jogging trail. Instead of stopping between sprints (like workout 1), you'll be slowing to a slow jog, which is known as an "Active rest.".
Lädt...
X